Part-Time Content EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 2105181320220519 Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Jun. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC has an immediate opening for a motivated and creative Content Editor to work in a multi-platform newsroom. The ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and be precise, detail-oriented, and able to take direction. Familiarity with non-linear edit systems such as Adobe Premiere and Dalet is preferred. You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment while maintaining a high level of excellence with our on-line and over-the-air product. This key newsroom position requires excellent communication skills, a calm demeanor and an ability to troubleshoot under pressure and react accordingly. ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience
- Editing elements and packages for broadcast, you will edit content for our Connected TV (CTV) streaming apps, our website and all our social media platforms.
- Recording and/or scheduling recordings of video, quality control and archiving material.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a server based-digital media workflow
- Proficient with video and audio principles - overseeing quality control during all newscasts.
- Coordinate with producers on rundowns and scripts.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including weekends, nights, early morning, overnight and or Holidays.
- Minimum of two years’ production experience required
- The ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and be precise, detail-oriented, and able to take direction
- Familiarity with non-linear edit systems such as Adobe Premiere and Dalet is preferred
- You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment while maintaining a high level of excellence with our on-line and over-the-air product.
- A College degree or equivalent
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.