Senior Digital ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 2105185620220106 Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Aug. 12, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Digital Producer. ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
The motivated person will help lead our digital news team with a passion for inclusive storytelling and producing innovative digital and social media content, including video and live video events, in a multi-platform newsroom. The ideal candidate must have strong, interpersonal skills with acute attention to detail, editorial judgement and collaborate with staff across departments to execute ABC11’s digital news strategy.
- Oversee digital story production and distribution to exceed the station’s ambitious goals for page views and video consumption
- Experience working with social media, marketing products using social networking sites to develop or create content
- Optimize story search by using SEO
- Write and publish articles or videos that meet ABC11’s editorial mission and lead to more minutes spent on site, mobile app and connected TV
- Collaborate with ABC Owned TV stations to share content and identify synergy opportunities
- Meet daily goals for content publication while adhering to the station’s high ethical and journalistic standards
- Contribute to audience engagement across multiple platforms, including site, mobile app, connected TV and social
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of four years of experience that includes editor of a news web site
- Knowledge of social media platforms and utilizing analytic tools such as Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Photoshop)
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Collaboration with senior news managers and exceptional leadership skills
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.