Sr. Manager IT, Broadcast TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 643539BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Apr. 14, 2019
Job Summary:As the Sr. Manager of Broadcast Technology, you will contribute to ABC’s Owned Television Stations success by working closely with the Director of Technology for the organization. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about current and emerging technologies. You will work with numerous hardware, software and network products in a multi-layered distributed computing environment. You will be expected to enforce company policies regarding security, privacy, and data loss prevention. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated file servers, Internet, news management, broadcast servers and business systems. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats and perform a wide variety of evaluations, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure computers and network infrastructure performance meets company and user satisfaction in an acceptable time frame.
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment
- Install / Maintain / Support Cisco LAN/IT infrastructure
- VMware Virtual Environment Management/Support
- Cloud Computing Management/Support
- Windows Server / Desktop OS understanding & proficiency
- Production Storage Systems Management/Support
- Desktop, laptop, and workstation computer systems installation/management/support
- Provide technical guidance and support to end users
- Office 365 Production Suite Support
- Cisco VoIP systems knowledge & support
- Ability to work with enterprise shared services technology group
- Minimum 5 years in advanced IT systems administration & management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude, team player
- Maintain Corporate Standards, Policies, and Procedures
- Scripting/Coding experience a plus
- Required to be “on-call” outside of normal working hours
- Must have advanced troubleshooting / analytical skills
- Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience. Cisco Certification a PLUS
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Firm understanding of legacy broadcast technology
- 3+ years’ experience in the broadcast environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of training and real-world work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.