WTVD/ABC 11 - Investigative ReporterApply NowApply Later Job ID 983266BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
- Responsible for investigating important and complex community issues by developing diverse and valuable sources using the latest investigative tools, including data journalism, to expose problems and find solutions
- Be tenacious in uncovering stories to develop exclusive and compelling investigative reports
- Expected to develop investigative story lines for daily coverage as well as working investigative angles during big breaking news stories
- Source and generate leads in an effort to create original and impactful short term and long-term content
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity, inclusion and production quality
- Fluent in Social Media with the proven ability to create a strong social media presence and leverage social media to generate stories and gather viewer input
- Showcase dynamic organization skills in order to juggle daily and long-term investigative projects
- Minimum of three years of experience as an investigative reporter
- Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Ability and willingness to use the latest technology and production techniques to shoot, write, edit and publish content under deadline
- A collaborative self-starter
- Successful in creating and maintaining reliable contact relationships
- A college degree or equivalent
Additional Information:#OTVSMEDIA networkjobs
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.