WTVD/ABC 11 – Part Time Production AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 972589BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 18, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
- Preparing studio for newscasts including, but not limited to, preparing graphics to air during newscast, studio and set preparation
- Assisting with various production elements including running the teleprompter and building graphics
- Creating short and long form content for CTV (both live and VOD)
- Creating high impact videos, graphics and social content
- Write, shoot, edit and produce original content for various ABC 11 platforms connecting and engaging diverse audience
- Programming and monitoring software that controls streaming content
- Minimum of one year production experience, including internship or college newsroom experience
- Strong team player who interacts in a positive, ethical, empathetic and productive way with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and able to quickly adapt, solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Strong logistical skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Be highly reliable, flexible and available to work various shifts as needed, including early mornings, weekends and holidays
- DSLR & iPhone knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:#OTVSMEDIA networkjobs
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.