WTVD/ABC 11 - ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 913887BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Mar. 16, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Are you a rock star news producer ready to shine in one of the top 25 largest markets in the country? Do you love dominating hours of breaking news coverage from the control room? We are looking for an aggressive, empathetic, collaborative, cool-under-pressure news producer who knows how to craft a fast-paced, creative, highly-showcased newscast.
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television Station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC, wants a vocal and confident producer who aggressively reacts to the big stories of the day, digs for informative, interesting content and meets the needs of a diverse news audience. We are looking for a self-starter who is always breaking news ready! The ideal candidate should have excellent news judgement and the ability to pitch unique story ideas every day.
The person must also have complete understanding of how a 24/7 newsroom works and on all platforms, including live streaming. This position requires a high level of skill and proven leadership in breaking situations.
- You would be responsible for overall content development with context, story selection, writing compelling stories and teases, creating graphics, timing and all other editorial and production elements within a newscast.
- You must have proven control room experience and expert ability to handle live breaking news.
- Expect to contribute story ideas daily and participate actively in coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
- We want a team player who can collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel and support an inclusive culture.
- Candidates must embrace multi-platform content creation for TV, digital platforms and social media.
- You must have excellent writing skills; possess solid news judgment; display strong communication skills; creativity and ethical decision-making skills.
- Minimum of three years’ experience producing experience at a local news station
- Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours (late nights, overnights, holidays) and adaptable to change
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
Additional Information:#OTVSMEDIA networksjobs
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.