WTVD, News ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10011878 Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Jan. 18, 2023
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, North Carolina, is seeking a dynamic and creative newscast producer with the ability to showcase the big story across multiple platforms.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about creating high impact content that resonates with a diverse audience. The candidate has a deep understanding of utilizing all of the resources, tools, and live elements to deliver an energetic and compelling news product. This person should be excited to craft their editorial vision to connect and reflect the audience we serve.
• Responsible for story development and context, writing stories and teases, building graphics, timing and all other editorial and production elements
• Proven control room experience and ability to handle live breaking news in a calm manner
• Contribute story ideas daily and participate actively in coverage decisions and editorial meetings
• A self-starter and team player who can collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel while supporting and contributing to an inclusive culture.
• Candidates must embrace multi-platform content creation for TV, digital platforms and social media
• Well-organized and work well under pressure with constant deadlines
• Minimum of three years’ line producer experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.