WTVD ReporterApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013542 Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Aug. 15, 2022
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC has an immediate opening for a collaborative anchor/reporter who is responsible for taking ownership of, and working with producers and reporters/colleagues to craft high impact content on linear and digital platforms. The candidate also sets the tone for teamwork and excellence within the station and across the station group. The anchor/reporter is an empathetic and ethical news leader who is committed to uncovering and reporting the facts, and with integrity above all else. He or she must be a team player, compelling journalist, and inclusive storyteller with the ability to authentically engage and connect with a diverse audience. Additionally, the anchor/reporter must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility journalists have to, and with, the communities they serve.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
- Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Ability to source and generate impactful enterprise leads, and create impactful content relying on critical relationships with local news makers
- Be tenacious in their ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
- Subject matter expertise in telling high impact stories in breaking news coverage, and ability to demonstrate this from the anchor desk and in the field
- Ability to report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as owned and distributed digital and social platforms
- Active use of social media for promotion and news gathering
- Demonstrated ability to move an audience between linear and digital platforms
- Willingness to lead and mentor
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the community, which includes representing the station and participating at various community events
- At least five years experience
- A college degree or equivalent
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.