Asset Protection ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 767165BR Location Elmhurst, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 28, 2020
- Ensures the Asset Protection team is providing visible deterrence, identifying and responding to workplace security concerns related to escalated Guest interactions and/or aggressive behavior, organized retail crime (ORC), civil unrest/protests, imminent threat and acts of terrorism
- Provides specialized training on Retail Counter-Terrorism and TWDC Workplace Security Programs, supporting situational readiness, response and reporting
- Supports emergency preparedness and crisis response initiatives to help mitigate potential impacts
- Oversees safety and security audits and camera inspections in compliance with TWDC guidelines
- Oversees and ensures functionality of Asset Protection tools (CCTV, EAS, Radios, etc.) and related site access/screening programs
- Conducts incident trend analysis recommending solutions to support risk mitigation
- Supports Store Leadership in daily execution of the Shrink and Loss Reduction Program
- Supports recruiting, hiring and on-boarding of Asset Protection Agents and 3rd party security personnel
- Schedules Asset Protection team to ensure proper coverage in accordance with store security/safety needs
- Conducts ongoing and new hire Cast training related to Workplace Safety and general risk mitigation
- Provides ongoing performance management/feedback with Asset Protection Agents and security personnel
- Minimum 2 years Asset Protection/Loss Prevention supervisory role within a high volume retail environment
- Thorough understanding of Asset Protection/Loss Prevention, physical security and Workplace Safety procedures, regulations and practices
- Proven ability to conduct Asset Protection/Security Audits and operate related equipment (CCTV, EAS, radio, etc.)
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule supporting the operational needs of the business
Required EducationHigh School degree
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.