Archives Intern - Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID R-03143 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 01, 2021
Depending on timing and experience, the Summer 2022 intern will work on some or all of the following:
- Processing Film Production Materials:
- Inventory and organize materials created by film art and story departments.
- Re-house, label and prepare materials for long-term storage.
- Create and update database records to track content and information.
- Additional projects related to the preservation of archival collections.
- Processing Digital Assets:
- Assess, organize, and create metadata for digital assets in multiple systems toward the goal of archiving for preservation and long-term access.
- Create and update project documentation.
- Archive & Studio Support:
- Support archivists by moving collections to/from clients in the studio.
- Support the studio reference library with shelf reading and shelving of book and film collections.
- Completion of archives track or indexing coursework desirable
- Experience working with physical and/or digital archival collections is a plus
- Mac proficiency and experience working with databases (FileMaker Pro a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative, detail and follow-up skills
- Creative problem-solving skills, curiosity and motivation
- Must be a current student in or recent graduate of a Masters-level program in library science, museum studies or related program
- Must be available to work full-time Monday to Friday for 12 consecutive weeks between May - Sept
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor student / intern visas at this time
Submission Process and Application Materials:
- Attach a single PDF file containing your cover letter and your resume
- Due to the large number of submissions, we are unable to respond to requests for updates. You will receive notification of our receipt of your application and when the hiring process is completed
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 13, 2022
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.