Build & Release EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID R-03483 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 29, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Developing and supporting internal software configuration & deployment tools including software build, continuous integration and release automation
- Improving and maintaining Pixar's third-party dependency management system built on Conda
- Working with other R&D teams to extend Pixar's Linux-based continuous integration framework to target Windows and macOS
- Improving development workflows for USD developers at Pixar and in the open source community, including building open source pipelines in GitHub
- Providing direct support to developers, both internal and in the wider USD community, helping to solve configuration and build-related issues
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, and a strong desire to help others solve technical problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond quickly and efficiently to multiple issues and tasks
- Demonstrated ability as a release engineer, DevOps engineer or with Linux/macOS software development on a large-scale product
- Deep experience with both Git and Perforce revision control systems, including experience interacting with Gitlab/GitHub APIs
- Experience configuring tools like SCons, CMake or Bazel to build large, multi-platform applications written in C++ and Python
- Proficiency with scripting languages, particularly Python
- Able to work hybrid model ( 3 times a week on campus)
NICE TO HAVES:
- Proficiency with a package management solution like Conda or Nix
- Prior experience building and releasing software at a VFX studio or software vendor
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renoinswned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.