Editor, 2nd AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-02322 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 27, 2019
- Prepare picture media. Import and distribute storyboards and shots over network to editors. Output digital masters and copies
- Prepare sound media: process dialog, conduct music and effects searches
- Attend scratch and production dialog recording sessions. Monitor levels, log and import scratch and production dialogue from recordings. Make audio masters and organize backup copies. Set up video reference cameras to record actors
- Prepare preliminary music and sound effects. Help maintain the studio sound effects and music databases
- Catalogue and maintain a digital library by tape or file source, description, and film sequence
- Publish accurate cutlists for output
- Deliver digital files (quicktimes, AAFs, change notes, DCPs, etc.) internally and externally as directed
- Prepare media and perform Quality Control on file and film outputs for sound and picture, sync, etc.
- Attend screenings in support of presentation quality. Operate Pixar screening room.
- Help maintain the studio sound effects and music databases
- Avid Film Composer daily operational maintenance
- Refine editorial processes, procedures, systems, and databases. Optimize Assistant procedures and update documentation on internal Wiki
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience as a Production Assistant, Editorial Assistant or similar exposure to film production including post-production is required. Experience as an Assistant Editor is preferred
- Minimum three years experience with Avid Media/Film Composer
- Minimum three years experience with Macintosh OS (mid-high level user)
- Minimum one year experience with video and audio engineering operations (e.g., signal routing, waveform/vector scopes, time code, codecs, monitor calibration)
- Experience with After Effects, Photoshop, FileMaker, ProTools, UNIX, HTML preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and take a creative, inquisitive approach to problem solving
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload in a dynamic environment are required
- Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
- Able to travel overnight domestically or internationally for recording sessions and screenings
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.