Editorial Intern - Summer 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID R-03542 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 07, 2022
Through our 12-week internship, editorial interns work in collaboration with the Editing Department to do the following:
- Gain knowledge about our editorial process and the entire production pipeline.
- Work closely with our editors to learn consistency, versatility and speed throughout the editorial process.
- Using Avid Film Composer, your editing knowledge will be improved and challenged as you work with mentors to review sequences and update reels.
- Provide various levels of organizational, operational and technical support to the production.
- You have advanced capabilities using Avid Film Composer, which is required; Final Cut Pro experiences preferred
- You are a highly motivated individual who is mature and eager to be part of the Pixar team
- You are someone who possesses excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are enjoy taking initiative and working independently as much as working with a team
- You have a positive “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professional integrity
- You love working quickly and collaboratively while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between May – Sept 2023
- You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
Traditional Academic Paths:
- You are minimally a junior in college working towards a degree or certificate that supports your interest in filmmaking with a particular emphasis in editing.
- Recent grads who are within the first year post graduation are eligible to apply
Less Traditional Professional Paths:
- Career Transition: Those with a minimum of 5 years post-college graduation and whose professional experiences in a work/academic environment differ vastly from animation, VFX, gaming, and other computer graphics-focused industries
- Armed Forces: Those who have served in the armed forces and are in a retraining program
- Home Schooled: Those who are self-taught via an alternative educational path
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor student / intern visas at this time
Submission Process and Application Materials (Please Read Carefully):
- Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter and your resume. Details are meaningful in editorial -- both are required to have your application reviewed
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 12, 2023
The pay rate for this internship in Emeryville is $21.20 per hour.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renoinswned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.