Front-end Software Engineer, Post Production
Emeryville, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID R-03028 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Aug. 16, 2021
- Build a robust yet flexible software pipeline to allow our production users to quickly and accurately guide our films through the post production process
- Design, develop, and maintain our codebase, employing strong principles for code quality and maintainability, including automated tests & user documentation
- Partner with our users to design products around their workflows and to provide support as they encounter new production requirements for our software
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team of engineers and problem solvers
Technologies we use:
- Python / Django / Tornado
- Kubernetes / Rancher / Docker / Linux
- OpenImageIO / OpenTimelineIO / Nuke / FFmpeg / jpeg2000 / Wailua / Kakadu
- Git / Gitlab-CI
- Nucoda / Clipster
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent formal training
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with Python, Linux, and web technologies
- Strong software engineering skills, including familiarity with git, code reviews, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to collaborate on a team
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Bonus points for knowledge of post production pipelines and event driven systems
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” and “Inside Out.” Its movies have won 32 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $10 billion at the worldwide box office to date. “Coco,” Pixar’s 19th feature, opened in theaters on November 22, 2017.
Pixar's objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.