Home Entertainment ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-02301 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 23, 2019
- Collaborate with the Home Entertainment Supervisor to manage the creation and delivery of Deliverables by working with Post Production, Production, Editorial, Sound, Documentary, and Mastering departments
- Develop and manage finishing schedules in partnership with the Home Entertainment Supervisor and other content providers
- Provide guidance to editorial on specs and security protocols
- Ensure Pixar’s standard of quality and accuracy of materials prior to delivery.
- Collaborate with Department Director, Home Entertainment Supervisor, Documentary Production Manager, and other members of the team to keep all data accurate and up-to-date in all locations
- Provide administrative support as needed to ensure that communications are accurate and complete
- Proactively respond to requests for information & assistance from those within and outside of the department
- Schedule and facilitate Encode Reviews, QC Sessions, and Production Review at the request of the Home Entertainment Supervisor and Lead(s). Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines & conflicts, and be able to accurately represent the calendar & schedule in the absence of the Home Entertainment Supervisor
- Enter and maintain data in the Post Production Database. Maintain accurate accounts to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work and send timely delivery notices
- Interface with Disney on schedules for Home Entertainment deliverables, communicating and confirming dates, delivery status, and updates to the schedule
- Review broadcast cuts of Feature films with department leadership and guide creative on commercial blacks, end credits modification, and other edits, as needed
- Facilitate schedules and communications with outside vendors
- Remain calm under pressure
- Excellent multi-tasker and able to work well with others
- Strong ability to prioritize and juggle schedule changes
- Operate A/V equipment in support of reviews
- Working with Home Entertainment Supervisor and Documentary Production Manager, schedule and oversee internal QC sessions of completed deliverables (Files, Discs, Subtitle Streams, etc.)
- Travel to and attend external QC sessions
- Oversee secure trafficking of in-progress and final masters into, out of, and around the studio
- Ensure proper preparation and represent department at meetings and reviews as directed
- Responsible for resulting action items out of meetings, reviews, and QC sessions
- Comprehensive knowledge of screening room operations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least seven years’ experience with post production environments, procedures and schedules
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Organized and highly detail-oriented with prompt and thorough follow-through
- General familiarity with: Macs, video, video codecs, mastering platforms
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, Excel, Confluence Wiki and Word required
- Knowledge of IMF and othering packaging applications a plus
- Frequent to continuous use of computer and office equipment including monitor, keyboard, mouse, phones, etc.
- Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
- Willing to travel as needed, including overnight stay
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.