Layout Intern - Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID R-03140 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 01, 2021
- You will apply your knowledge of cinematography and filmmaking by translating storyboard reels into three-dimensional scenes using proprietary Pixar software and assets
- You will add simple animation to characters, props and other key assets as needed
- You will incorporate timing and continuity in support of the flow of the shot and scene
- You have an interest in a career as a Layout Artist on animated films
- You have a sense of visual storytelling through the use of staging, composition and editing
- You have a deep interest in and curiosity about translating two-dimensional drawings into a three-dimensional film
- You are able to work independently, but also enjoy working as part of a highly collaborative team
- You enjoy presenting your work articulately while also appreciating and encouraging feedback from your instructors and peers
- Experience with 3D animation software such as Maya is desired but not required. However, if your experiences are in traditional filmmaking, please offer insight about your interest in transitioning to doing 3D creative work
- You have a demo reel that features examples of scenes you have created that tell a story. If submitting an animated example, we prefer seeing the layout animatic over the finished footage; however, both may be included. We prefer to see a whole sequence of your layout work rather than an isolated shot. Please provide a breakdown of the work you are showing. It’s important to explain to the viewer what you did in each shot or sequence (ex: “I was responsible for the camera animation and composition of this sequence, including rough character animation and blocking.”)
- You are available to work full-time from Mon 6.6.22 – Fri 8.26.22
- You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
Traditional Academic Paths:
- You are minimally a junior working toward a degree in cinematography, animation, digital art, fine art or a related field
- Recent grads who are within the first year post graduation are eligible to apply
Less Traditional Professional Paths:
- Career Transition: Those with a minimum of 5 years post-college graduation and whose professional experiences in a work/academic environment differ vastly from animation, VFX, gaming, and other computer graphics-focused industries
- Armed Forces: Those who have served in the armed forces and are in a retraining program
- Home Schooled: Those who are self-taught via an alternative educational path
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor student / intern visas at this time
Submission process and application materials:
- Attach a single PDF file containing your cover letter and resume
- Provide a link to your online demo reel in the "Demo Reel” section of the application; without this, you will not be considered for the internship. If your demo reel or portfolio is password protected, please be sure to include the correct password
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to provide feedback nor are we able to respond to requests for application status. You will be notified when there is an update on your application.
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 13, 2022
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.