Media Systems Intern – Summer 2020
Emeryville, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R-02433 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
Throughout the 12-week summer internship, you will work in collaboration with the team to achieve the following:
- Learn to maintain and troubleshoot various A/V systems ranging from A/V carts to conference and screening rooms.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting consumer A/V equipment and Raspberry Pis.
- Support the setup and break down of equipment at live studio events.
- Learn how to solder, crimp, and terminate cabling.
- Participate in the day-to-day support of the A/V team and the general A/V needs of the studio.
- Help in keeping the tech shop organized, clean, and stocked with inventory.
- Assist the group on team projects.
- Flexible in nature and able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Positive with a “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Knowledgeable about different audio and video signals and curious about the field.
- Comfortable supporting people using clear verbal and written communication, and excellent follow-through.
- Enjoy the details, are well organized and good at monitoring your schedule.
- Able to be a positive face representing the A/V team at all times.
- Able to lift and move equipment.
- Must be at least a junior in college working towards a Bachelor’s degree or greater; if you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
- Submit a short personal statement (200 words or fewer) explaining why you are specifically interested in working with the A/V team at Pixar
- Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12 consecutive weeks between May 2020 – Sept 2020.
- Apply online at pixar.com – no submissions are accepted via mail or in person.
- Attach a single PDF file containing your cover letter, your resume, and your personal statement explaining your interest in working in A/V.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to provide feedback nor are we able to respond to requests for application status. You will be notified when there is an update on your application.
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, March 1, 2020
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.