Production AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-02363 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Feb. 01, 2020
- Create a supportive, friendly, cheerful and professional atmosphere
- Answer all incoming calls to the Production Office – internal and external
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationships
- Provide preliminary general technical support for the production office/show (i.e. Photoshop help, basic Mac support, troubleshooting)
- Provide logistical, administrative and special project support
- Help coordinate and communicate shifts in schedules, calendars or activities
- Oversee & maintain inventory of basic office supplies
- Organize meal orders and deliveries on crew and company level
- Drive locally to run work-specific errands
- Submit and track systems and facilities work requests
- Organize, clean and maintain common areas
- Collect reference material and perform research as directed
- Maintain files and/or storage
- Help prep for meetings and reviews
- Record and distribute notes from meetings and reviews as needed
- Help plan and execute morale-boosting department and crew events
- Support office team with organizational tasks related to the show or company events
- Assist department Coordinators as needed
- Positive energy; highly motivated, mature and eager to be part of the Pixar team.
- Strong attention to detail; thoroughness and follow-through are a must
- Ability to both take direction and anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment
- General office skills such as scheduling, phones and typing
- Ability to prioritize and multi task are essential
- Adaptability to changing priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Strong collaborative skills
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication
- Strong listening skills, flexibility and tact
- Computer proficiency with Macintosh OS, including familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in project management applications (e.g. Shotgun, MS Project) a plus
- Proficiency in Wiki and/or HTML preferred
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Final Cut Pro a plus
- Film production background helpful
- Passion for working in a production role in feature animated films
- Prefer college degree or equivalent experience in a related entertainment field
- Past experience in customer service a plus
- Must have access to a car, valid Drivers License and proof of current automobile insurance
Cover letter required for consideration.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.