Production CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID R-02860 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Enter and maintain production data in the studio's production database and related departmental records to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work. Collaborate with other coordinators and managers to keep all data accurate and up-to-date
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Manager, Supervisor and Lead(s). Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines and conflicts. Manage the schedules of key personnel and the department
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews. Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items
- Coordinate work that enters and leaves the department to ensure completeness. Provide administrative support as needed to ensure that communications are accurate and complete
- As second in command to the Department Manager, proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department. Substitute for the Department Manager during absences
- Partner with the Department Manager and Creative Lead(s) to maintain a positive team environment
- Help plan and execute morale boosting events for the Department
- Partner with and mentor the Production Assistant if there is one assigned to the department
- Three years of practical experience, preferably as a Production Coordinator in feature-animation or short-animation film production or VFX production
- Understanding of production terminology and the production environment. Knowledge of animation terminology and environment a plus
- Computer literacy and ability to work with database as well as standard word-processing and spreadsheet software
- Ability to work autonomously and on a team
- Ability to maintain focus on detailed priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to self-organize and follow organization system of the department
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both in the department, outside of it and across shows.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Photoshop; Final-Cut-Pro and experience with project-planning applications a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in feature-animation production preferred
Cover letter required for consideration
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.