Production Support Engineer
Emeryville, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R-02223 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted 13/09/2019
Our work connects us daily to almost every group at the studio, and these relationships help enable us to resolve complex problems. The complexity of our work also requires us to be responsive and collaborative, to maintain clear, open communication and prioritize a complex workflow, all under constantly changing conditions.
Do you love working with new technology to forge creative solutions? These are some of the tools you could work with every single day:
- Os level support, particularly with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and its variants
- Rpm/yum based packaging tools
- Xorg and Gnome desktop suite
- Desktop hardware
- Git, Python, and shell scripting
- Network sharing tools like nfs and autofs
- Ssh, vpn and other secure networking tools
Are you passionate about creating outstanding experiences for the people and teams you support? With your help, we will continue to raise the bar in providing the technical solutions that help Pixar craft extraordinary movies.
- You possess a demonstrated Linux aptitude, either through work experience or personal passion
- You possess attention to detail in communication and in the execution of your work
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills enable you to effectively communicate highly-technical concepts in simple, concrete terms
- You can quickly process and concisely share relevant information when it's needed
- You are flexible in collaboration and can compromise when it leads to the best solution
- You can prioritize, respond to, report on, and complete multiple, simultaneous requests
- You can work on occasional evenings and weekends
- You have the ability to lift and manipulate objects weighing up to 35 lbs in the course of your regular duties
- You're ready to provide the highest-quality customer experience from start to finish
- PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR SUBMISSION
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.