Research Intern - Summer 2020
Emeryville, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R-02330 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted 05/12/2019
- Machine Learning
- Rendering (Physically Based and Stylized)
- Physical Simulation (flesh, cloth, fluids, etc.)
- Geometry Processing
- Assist in the development, prototyping, and testing of new computer graphics algorithms
- Participation in transfer of new technology to rest of the studio
- Rapidly implement and test new algorithms
- 1+ years of research experience desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of mathematical algorithms and computer graphics.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with a wide range of personality types.
- Solid software engineering skills with expertise in C, C++, and Python.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of one of the following areas preferred: Maya plugin development, GPU programming, machine learning, physical simulation, or geometry processing.
- Must be at least a junior in college working towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD; If you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
- Must provide a short personal statement (200 words or less) clarifying which area is of interest to you -- Machine Learning, Rendering, Physical Simulation or Geometry Processing -- and your preference to research a problem or implement a technique during your time as a Research Intern at Pixar.
- Must be available to work full-time Mon – Fri for the duration of the internship.
Submission Process and Application Materials:
- Apply online at pixar.com – no submissions via mail or in person.
- Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter, resume, personal statement clarifying your preference in doing research or implementation.
- Due to the large number of submissions, we are unable to respond to requests for updates. You will receive notification of our receipt of your application and when the hiring process is completed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 9, 2020
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.