Emeryville, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R-01512 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted 09/08/2019
SAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify important research problems relevant to Pixar and the broader Walt Disney Company
- Lead research projects to determine solutions to the above problems
- Work directly with artists and technical directors to solve practical, real world problems
- Publish results in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Maintain connections to the external research community
- Keep apprised of recent research and developments, as well as current technology that may be beneficial, and provide recommendations on the adoption of such technology
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent
- Communication skills and the ability to work well with a wide range of personality types
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and collaboration
- Sustained track record of innovation and significant original research including publications in top conferences and journals
- Ability to work well both independently and in a group, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Appreciation of the benefits derived from diverse POVs, voices and demographics
For more information about Research at Pixar, visit https://graphics.pixar.com/research/
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.