Safety & Security Officer IIApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-02351 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 21, 2019
- Patrol assigned site on foot or in vehicle; check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds
- Assist visitors with a legitimate approved need to gain entry to Studio; screen visitors in an efficient manner to expedite their admittance to the Studio; Greet and provide general information to visitors and employees
- Monitor entrances and exits; prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operate a gate and examine vehicle contents; monitor remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner direct persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property
- Respond to emergencies in an orderly manner utilizing proper training and following all SOPs
- Assist Lead Safety and Security Officers with scheduling, work requests and in service training
- Provide leadership and training to Safety and Security employees and ensure successful completion of the field training program for new hires
- Conduct surveillance of buildings and grounds through video camera monitoring systems and other electronic systems
- Support and manage physical keying systems, electronic keying systems and fire system maintenance
- Observe, report and document all incidents or suspicious activity
- Facilitate and ensure safety of visitors and employees in the event of an emergency evacuation
- Provide emergency first aid when necessary
- Assist the Director of Safety and Security with special projects and research
- Provides coaching and counseling for junior security officers
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least two year’s experience in security operations or equivalent
- Must have a current California BSIS Guard Card–unarmed
- Must have a Standard First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid CA driver's license with a safe driving record·
- Computer literacy with ability to work on Mac and PC platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent initiative
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 50 pounds
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time on post in all types of weather and a variety of locations
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.