Safety/Security Officer (Full Time)Apply NowApply Later Job ID R-03036 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Aug. 27, 2021
- Accommodate employee needs to facilitate smooth studio operations
- Patrol building and grounds via foot, scooter and/or bicycle on a consistent basis
- Greet and provide general information to visitors and employees
- Conduct surveillance of buildings and grounds through video surveillance and other electronic systems
- Report and document all incidents and complete daily security reports
- Facilitate and ensure safety of visitors and employees in the event of an emergency evacuation
- Provide emergency first aid when necessary
- Participate in ongoing training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year experience in building security
- California BSIS Guard Card and standard First Aid / CPR certification (certificates may be obtained within 3 months of date of hire)
- Pass comprehensive background check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge of, or ability/willingness to learn operation of, protection systems: fire alarm and fire extinguishing equipment, security alarm system and surveillance cameras, and card key door control systems.
- Ability to pursue and/or physically remove individuals intent on causing harm
- Available to work a flexible schedule; including overtime, nights and weekends
- Valid CA driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Computer literacy with ability to work on Mac and PC platforms
- Spanish / English bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 50 pounds
- Must be able to work any of our 3 shifts: Day, Swing and Graveyard as well as Weekends and Holidays, as needed.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.