Software Engineer in TestApply NowApply Later Job ID R-03484 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 26, 2023
- Taking ownership of the USD release testing process from end to end, ensuring high quality public USD releases
- Working with Pixar developers and our external partners to identify the root cause of failures in internal software and third-party USD integrations
- Improving testing workflows for USD developers at Pixar and in the open source community, including building open source testing pipelines in GitHub
- Participating in Pixar's internal software testing process, including determining the cause of automated test failures
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, and a strong desire to help others solve technical problems
- Passion for quality and maintaining the highest standards in software development
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond quickly and efficiently to multiple issues and tasks
- Extensive experience deploying, extending and maintaining testing frameworks for large applications targeting multiple platforms including Linux, Windows and macOS
- Experience with Git and Perforce version control systems
- Proficiency with scripting languages, particularly Python
- Familiarity with configuration and deployment of continuous integration pipelines in Gitlab/GitHub (Gitlab Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Azure Pipelines)
- Able to work hybrid model (4 days a week on campus)
- Experience deploying tests in a multi-platform work scheduling frameworks like Jenkins
- Prior experience testing or supporting software at a VFX studio or software vendor
The hiring range for this position in Emeryville is $129,540.00 to $167,640.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renoinswned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.