Software QA Engineer, AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID R-03485 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 29, 2022
- Provide outstanding user support, diagnose issues, and provide workarounds, collaborating with teams across various departments as needed
- Reproduce bugs filed by users and thoroughly detail findings in a bug tracking database
- Explore workflows to gain a deeper understanding of the user experience
- Analyze and report performance characteristics of the tools when investigating issues
- Provide regular feedback about the tools’ usage in terms of performance, stability, trends, etc.
- Assist in prioritizing, tracking, and organizing bug reports
- Minimum of 2 years professional-level experience in fast-paced technical work environments
- Proven track record to work directly with end-users, helping to solve unique technical challenges
- Proven ability to work closely with developers and QA
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-directed, diligent, organized, and patient
- Knowledge of QA methodology, processes, and tools necessary
- Direct experience using software under Unix required
- Able to work hybrid model (3 days a week on campus)
OTHER VALUABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comfortable using debuggers and memory and performance analysis tools
- Experience with 3D graphics applications such as Maya, Houdini, Katana, etc.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renoinswned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.