Sr Software Engineer (Graphics)
Emeryville, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID R-02692 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 11, 2020
- Develop, implement, test, and support 3D graphics software in a Linux environment
- Collaborate effectively with a team of engineers, QA, Build, UI, Doc, and Project Management
- Partner with artists and technologists to provide excellent software development and support for film production
- Collaborate on Open-Source initiatives like OpenSubdiv, Hydra and Universal Scene Description (USD)
- You are highly proficient in C++ and software engineering standard methodologies
- You have an adept knowledge of modern rendering architectures for rasterization or tracing, both hardware and software
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Strong ability to trouble-shoot with high attention to detail and quality
- You love working in a Linux development environment
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of 3D applications (e.g., Maya, Houdini, Katana)
- You enjoy and have experience working with technical and non-technical software users
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in our studio's fast-paced and dynamic environment while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with OpenSubdiv, Hydra or USD development is a big plus!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.