Sr. Systems Engineer
Emeryville, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R-02441 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Mar. 05, 2020
- Architect, deploy and maintain our large scale NAS storage environments
- Design and support our data pipeline infrastructure running on Kafka, ElasticSearch, and Splunk
- Assist with capacity and IO forecasts for key resources
- Operate with the goal of making programmatic provisioning of infrastructure the default
- Define and detail standard run books and operating procedures
- Actively ensure peak levels of systems and infrastructure uptime
- Collaborate across departments to evolve systems standards studio-wide
- 5+ years of experience with modern storage solutions (Isilon, NetApp, GPFS) and/or broad experience in system administration supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred) in areas such as automated OS installation, software compilation, package management, machine provisioning and lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting/profiling
- Ability to query and visualize data using tools like Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch
- Hands-on expertise solving problems in highly complex systems
- Working knowledge of Revision Control Systems administration, preferably Git or Perforce
- Experience working with and maintaining configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, or similar)
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation for critical issues
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience
- Experience with virtualization and container platforms (Docker, VMWare, KVM, Kubernetes, etc)
- Infrastructure knowledge as code platforms (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, SaltStack)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation and monitoring tools (Ansible, OpenStack, Zabbix, Sensu)
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.