Storage and Backup Engineer
Emeryville, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID R-02934 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted May. 26, 2021
Do you enjoy learning new things, inventing unique solutions to problems, and believe that attention to detail is paramount? We are looking for that engineer who loves to solve mysteries within an evolving creative environment, one byte at a time.
The Storage & Backups Systems Engineer builds diverse storage systems, coordinates storage/backup tasks between various groups, and contributes to Pixar’s ability to expand technology in the pursuit of art!
- Design, deploy and maintain various storage and/or backup retention environments.
- Assist with capacity and I/O forecasts for key resources
- Actively work within a group to ensure peak efficiency of systems and infrastructure uptime
- Document standard procedures while collaborating across departments to implement systems standards studio-wide
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to resolve critical issues
- 3+ Experience with multiple NAS solutions such as Isilon, NetApp, GPFS, or Vast
- Experience backing up and restoring data from secondary sources such as tape, remote disk, Netbackup, Commvault, Rubrik, or the like
- Experience in system administration supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
- Ability to query and visualize data using Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, or similar
- Skillful understanding of fixing heterogeneous systems using diverse troubleshooting methodologies
- Adept user of Revision Control Systems, preferably Git or Perforce
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash, etc.)
- Previous experience working in, or with, the M&E industry a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent, degree or work experience
- Experience with object storage considerations for virtualization and container platforms (Docker, VMWare, KVM, Kubernetes, Trident, etc)
- Demonstrates ownership of sophisticated multi department issues
- Deliver outstanding customer service to users with varying technical understanding
- Familiarity with NFS file caching techniques and uses (Avere, Linux NFS cache, Flexcache)
- Skill with planning and executing large multi faceted storage projects, such as data movement between systems or integration of new technologies.
- Familiarity crafting solutions within legacy technical boundaries
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.