Story Intern - Summer 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID R-03546 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 07, 2022
- Learn about Pixar's visual story development process and production pipeline
- Work closely with story artists to learn about consistency, versatility, and speed throughout the drawing process
- Challenge your drawing and storyboarding skills to strengthen your draftsmanship while completing a series of visual storytelling assignments
- Enjoy presentations, screenings, assignments, etc. in support of growing your story development skills
- You are interested in a career as a Storyboard Artist at an animation studio
- You have an online portfolio of your storyboards, thumbnails, comic strips and narrative illustrations demonstrating your understanding of storyboard fundamentals including:
- Character Design
- Staging and Layout
- Rough Drawings
- Storytelling sensibilities in your action, dramatic and/or comedic boarded samples (we suggest these be in the ~30-50 panel range)
Note: Please no scripts, treatments, outlines or other work not demonstrating a foundation in drawing.
- You are someone with the required working knowledge of Photoshop
- You are someone who loves organization, is detail oriented and enjoys the challenge of working quickly and collaboratively
- You have a positive "can do" attitude and a strong work ethic
- You are available to work full-time Mon - Fri from 6.5.23 - 8.25.23
- You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
Traditional Academic Paths:
- You are minimally a junior working towards a degree or certificate in art, illustration, animation, film, or related field
- Recent grads who are within the first year post graduation are eligible to apply
Less Traditional Professional Paths:
- Career Transition: Those with a minimum of 5 years post-college graduation and whose professional experiences in a work/academic environment differ vastly from animation, VFX, gaming, and other computer graphics-focused industries
- Armed Forces: Those who have served in the armed forces and are in a retraining program
- Home Schooled: Those who are self-taught via an alternative educational path
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor student / intern visas at this time
Submission Process and Application Materials (Please Read Carefully):
- Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter and resume
- Provide a link to your online demo reel or portfolio in the "Demo Reel” section of the application; without this, you are not eligible for the internship. If it has a password, please be sure to include an accurate password. Please note: social media pages are not an acceptable format for a demo reel or portfolio
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 12, 2023
The pay rate for this internship in Emeryville is $21.20 per hour.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renoinswned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.