Systems Engineer, Servers
Emeryville, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R-02467 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Apr. 24, 2020
- Architect, deploy, maintain and secure our infrastructure services, systems, and network
- Build and document tools to automate system/network provisioning and management
- Operate with the goal of making programmatic provisioning of infrastructure the default
- Define and detail standard operating procedures
- Actively ensure peak levels of systems and infrastructure uptime
- Collaborate across departments to evolve systems and network standards studio-wide
- Participate in after-hours on-call duties
- 5+ years of professional experience in system administration supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred) in areas such as automated OS installation and security best-practices, package management, machine provisioning and lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting.
- Understanding of core network services such as DNS, DHCP, and LDAP
- Hands-on expertise solving problems in highly complex systems
- Experience with virtualization and container platforms (Docker/Podman, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Ovirt/RHV/KVM, VMware vSphere)
- Experience working with and maintaining configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, or similar)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Go, Python, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Revision Control Systems administration, preferably Git
- Experience provisioning and administering network/infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, RADIUS)
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, SoftLayer
- Experience with network operating systems; Arista EOS, Cisco iOS, JunOS
- Experience with Secrets Management using Vault
- Experience integrating processes into a CI/CD pipeline using tools such as GitLab CI/Jenkins/Bamboo
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.