Technical Director Intern, Rendering - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID R-02334 Location Emeryville, California, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
- Experience programming in C/C++ and/or a scripting language such as Python.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, lighting, texture, and form.
- Experience using 3D software packages such as Houdini, Maya, Katana, RenderMan, etc.
- Experience in Unix/Linux systems.
- You are working towards a Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Digital Art or a related field; if you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
- You are able to demonstrate a sense of aesthetic via your online demo reel.
- You are available to work full-time Mon-Fri for 12-weeks between May 2020 – Sept 2020.
Submission Process and Application Materials:
- Please apply online at Pixar.com -- no submissions via mail or in person.
- Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter and resume.
- Provide a link to an online demo reel in the "Demo Reel” section of the application; without one, you will not be considered for the internship.
- If your demo reel or portfolio is password protected please include an accurate password.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to provide feedback nor are we able to respond to requests for application status. You will be notified when there is an update on your application.
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 9, 2020
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.