Digital Asset CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10002512 Location Fayetteville, Georgia, United States / Atlanta, Georgia, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jul. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Digital Asset Coordinator
This Digital Asset Coordinator position will be responsible for collecting, archiving and distributing all relevant digital assets created on a Production. These files are necessary to feed various lines of business within the greater Marvel/Disney Studio system.
They will work directly with all Production Departments, vendors, and Disney and Marvel corporate teams to provide training and assistance in the use of 5th Kind’s Core Digital Asset Management system, and to ensure files are being captured and organized properly. They will be required to understand and monitor multiple workflows to ensure they are being completed on time.
This position is part of a larger Digital Assets team, and will work closely with other members to provide support and backup for various processes, including Licensing, Marketing, Promotions, and Publishing workflows.
Knowledge of the Core system is not expected, and the hire will be trained, but ideally the candidate should have some working knowledge of AV, such as video codecs, audio formats and aspect ratios. This is preferred but not mandatory. Attention to detail and the ability to wrangle communication between many different users and roles is the priority.
The position is primarily Atlanta based, but some travel may be required (this includes going to the studio lot, visiting vendors, and potential interstate or international travel). Candidate should be comfortable, willing and able to travel when there is a need.
Management of digital asset system:
- Administration of company and user account permissions and options within the system.
Assist in facilitating the collection of digital assets from internal and external sources:
- Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to deliver content to the Marvel DAM.
- Insert delivered content into the Marvel DAM by applying the appropriate meta data and access rights.
- Manual insertion of assets collected from production servers.
Facilitate secure data transfers from the DAM system to internal and external sources:
- Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to receive content from the Marvel DAM.
- Apply appropriate watermarking, formats and codecs based on delivery requirements.
- Follow up to ensure deliveries were completed successfully.
Assist in the organization of digital assets within the DAM system:
- Work closely with Technical Operations team to receive, send and archive content.
- Assist in creating and editing the groups within Marvel’s DAM to facilitate organization of assets for easier access.
- Assigning associations for characters, sets, days, scenes, etc. to assets.
- Add and edit attributes such as creator, status, notes for assets to maintain current and accurate asset status.
Provide front line support to users of the DAM system via phone and email:
- Provide front line support for issues with login, forgotten passwords, training and walkthrough for assisting users with inserting and accessing assets
Qualifications & Minimum Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer).
- Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily.
- Must be proactive and capable of using system and workflow knowledge to avoid issues before they disrupt workflow.
- Very strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with different groups of people from various departments.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
- 6 months or more working on theatrical productions
- Experience working with digital media, including: transcoding video, manipulating media in programs like Photoshop and Final Cut.
- Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced media concepts such as; aspect ratios, letterboxing, streaming, compression techniques, etc.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.