Communications Specialist (Franchise & Retail Comms)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10004645 Location Florida, United States / Remote, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Communications Specialist – Franchise Communications, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
About Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP)
Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products – from toys to t-shirts, apps, books, console games and more – and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing and retail experts, artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
About the role
The Specialist for Franchise Communications will support the broader Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) communications team in delivering strategic campaigns for the business, inclusive of Licensing, Games, Publishing and Retail (both DTCR and Integrated Retail), tied to multiple Franchises. This person will serve as one of the main points of contact on allocated franchises and participate in relevant meetings/calls to ensure PR is represented in all relevant forums.
The Communications Specialist will work with their manager to help develop strategic plans in line with business goals and take the lead on plan execution, working with global counterparts as necessary. This person will be responsible for developing communications materials for programs and initiatives, including press releases, fact sheets, key messages, executive briefing documents and more, in addition to identifying appropriate press and influencer targets. The Communications Specialist will also play a key role in connecting with partners, both internal and external (e.g., licensees, retailers, etc).
- Help develop and manage strategic global and local PR activities such as press events, trade shows, media tours, product launch events and social influencers programs from start to finish
- Proactively develop relationships and engage with media and influencer contacts, providing background information and/or pitching product, trend and/or larger franchise stories
- Manage master media list and update frequently with new contacts
- Develop and maintain list of Disney centric fans/social media influencers
- Have a finger on the pulse of the industry and media landscape and be able to identify strategic PR and event opportunities for franchises
- Draft press materials including press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, fact sheets, executive talking points and route to internal stakeholders for approval
- Participate in meetings, presentations and brainstorming sessions, cultivating creative ideas and developing strategic PR opportunities
- Manage ongoing communications with licensee and retail PR teams and review/route all press releases and materials for approval
- Develop relationships with and ensure the appropriate flow of information between different channels in the business (including content partners, marketing and retail)
- Develop comprehensive reports to communicate results for PR campaigns and initiatives to executive team and key stakeholders
- Liaise with other TWDC business units and regional communications teams to deliver on synergy PR opportunities
- Provide department support with maintaining department communications calendar, weekly and monthly internal newsletters, and other special projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 2-3 years PR/communications experience; agency experience strongly desired
- Strong communications and writing skills. Be prepared to provide writing samples
- Excellent computer literacy; Internet and social media savvy with experience using Keynote, Cision, Microsoft Office suite, etc.
- A self-starter that has experience problem solving with creative solutions
- Someone who is flexible and nimble
- A resourceful candidate that has the ability to manage multiple projects across a variety of franchises/brands at a time
- A team player with the ability to embrace a fast-moving, action-oriented environment with a “can do” attitude and a smile
- Acts as a Brand Ambassador and embodies the Disney culture and values in all aspects of his/her work
- Able to develop strong, trusting relationships with team members and other internal stakeholders
- Approaches work with a high degree of professionalism and commitment
- Exhibits strong communication skills and an ability to work with others who may have diverse communication and work styles
Required Education :
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.