Developer (Remote)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 7123261920220522 Location Florida, United States / Remote, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Finance organization for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and applicable insights. Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight Shared Services team drives value by delivering quality data and analytic technologies to promote a clear understanding of consumers and Guests that are used to identify improvement opportunities and influence essential strategies across the business.
We are looking for someone to serve as Developer reporting to the Technology Manager, Consumer Insight. The position is an important developer role on the Technology Services team responsible for architecting, developing cloud solutions, and managing essential cloud platforms for the Consumer Insights business.
The developer is a technology role that has experience with development languages and coding practices such that they can develop, review, validate, and improve cloud solutions in a way that ensures that delivered services are performant, scalable and reliable regardless of the volume of transactions or execution concurrency that is expected.
- Architect and provide high-performing and scalable cloud-based platform solutions.
- Identify and recommend solutions and technologies to promote platform development.
- Help ensure integrity, security, availability, and effectiveness of technology infrastructure, including middleware, networks, communications, processing and standards.
- Conduct POCs and viability analysis on technology solutions.
- Communicate with all partners regarding test or evaluation results; partner with technology and data services teams to interpret feedback and integrate into product iterations.
- Help resolve problems in root cause determination and future prevention strategy and design documentation.
- 4+ years of experience architecting and delivering end-to-end data solutions
- Experience architecting and developing data integration and ETL solutions
- Experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in multiple technologies (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience in physical systems administration - (Linux, Unix, Docker, or Kubernetes)
- Experience with code and release management tools (e.g. Git, CI/CD)
- Experience with big data technologies (NoSQL): Snowflake, Hadoop/HDFS, Shell Scripting, Spark, Kafka
- Common Technology Architectures (web server, web scripting languages, mobile applications, multi-tier architectures, big data, AI/ML).
- Experience working at a market research supplier
- Experience in the Travel Industry
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field or related work experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.