KFSN Multi-Skilled JournalistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10017634 Location Fresno, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Aug. 24, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
KFSN-TV/ABC30 Action News, the ABC Owned Television station in Central California, is seeking a Multi-Skilled Journalist who can shoot, write and edit stories. We want someone who thrives on chasing breaking news, being the top story and owning the competition.
The ideal candidate will report for the station’s top-rated newscasts and digital platforms, all while keeping the audience updated along the way on social media. Our reporters are expected to turn creative and memorable stories, and then front them with active live shots. The ideal candidate innovates every day and is willing to experiment with new technology. This person must be organized, and work well under pressure and constant deadlines. We want someone who is receptive to feedback, and brings a positive attitude every day.
- You must be able to research, setup, shoot, write, and edit content on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively handle breaking news live on-air, without a script.
- Collaborate with photojournalists, producers, assignment editors, and managers to execute story assignments.
- Fill-in anchoring as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of reporting experience are required. This is not an entry level position.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of the Central Valley and bilingual skills are a plus.
- College Degree
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KFSN Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KFSN Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.