KFSN ReporterApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049612 Location Fresno, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted May 09, 2023
KFSN-TV/ABC30 Action News, the ABC Owned Television station in Central California, is seeking a General Assignment Reporter to join our top-rated news team. We want someone who thrives on chasing breaking news, being the top story and owning the competition.
The ideal candidate will report for the station’s newscasts and digital platforms, all while keeping the audience updated along the way on social media. Our reporters are expected to turn creative and memorable stories, and then front them with active live shots. The ideal candidate innovates every day and is willing to experiment with new technology. This person must be organized, and work well under pressure and constant deadlines. We want someone who is receptive to feedback, and brings a positive attitude every day.
- You must be able to research, setup, and write content on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with photojournalists, producers, assignment editors, and managers to execute story assignments.
- Ability to effectively handle breaking news live on-air, without a script.
- Ability to shoot and edit stories as needed.
- Fill-in anchoring as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of reporting experience are required. This is not an entry level position.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of the Central Valley and bilingual skills are a plus.
- College Degree
- The pay range for this SAG-AFTRA Union role in Fresno, California is $60,461 to $74,654 per year.
- The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KFSN Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KFSN Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.