Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
KFSN-TV (ABC30) Action News Internship, Remote - Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773805BR Location Fresno, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 24, 2021
|KFSN-TV (ABC30) Action News Internship, Remote - Summer 2021|
KFSN, the Disney/ABC Owned TV station in Fresno, CA.
ABC30 is the most watched television news station in Central California, serving the largest digital audience in the market.
Interns will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of our news department.
- Attend and pitch story ideas during daily editorial meetings.
- Transcribe interviews.
- Research news topics - including online/social media news research.
- Write copy for digital platforms.
- Shadow reporters and field crews for stories and live remotes on occasion.
- Aid in the planning of news series.
- Weekly mentoring session with editors, writers, producers, anchors, directors, and technical crews.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Strong, ongoing knowledge of hard news/current events.
- Be able to work remotely, collaboratively and independently.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news, and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
- Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 18 months of graduation date studying Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing
Additional Information:•All students must possess unrestricted work authorization.
•All students must be at least 18 years old.
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participating in the program – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 18 months - OR - be currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship.
• This internship is a remote internship. The internships requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
•All candidates must be available from May through August.
•All candidates must be willing to work 20 hours/week.
•All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KFSN Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
KFSN Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.