KFSN Weather AnchorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10044553 Location Fresno, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 01, 2023
KFSN-TV/ABC30, the ABC Owned station in Fresno, CA is looking for a Weather Anchor to join our #1 rated weekday morning news team. This person must have a strong on-air presence and a commanding, authoritative delivery, who knows how to turn weather data into relevant information for viewers. Candidates must have experience covering severe weather on live TV. We want someone who strives to present an innovative weathercast on broadcast and digital platforms. You must be comfortable with the very latest in weather tools and technology.
Be prepared to show examples of how you embrace new technologies and new digital platforms to connect with and inform viewers. We want someone who wants to be involved in the community, is passionate about their work, and enjoys being part of a team.
- Forecast weather conditions 10 days out for Fresno and Central California
- Prepare relevant weather maps and innovative graphics to communicate the weather forecast and expected impacts.
- Present the forecast during live broadcasts and recordings for digital platforms.
- Communicate life-saving information to people during dangerous weather events.
- Skilled in analyzing weather observations to identify important atmospheric features.
- Skilling in utilizing computer model data to produce an accurate forecast.
- Possesses a knowledge of atmospheric dynamics and tropical meteorology.
- Proficient in producing graphics through IBM’s Max software.
- A minimum 3 years of experience broadcasting in a small or medium market.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology or associated geoscience preferred
- The pay range for this SAG-AFTRA Union role in Fresno, California is $65,000 to $75,000 per year.
- The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KFSN Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
KFSN Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.