President & GM of KFSN, FresnoApply Now Apply Later Job ID 751101BR Location Fresno, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Mar. 02, 2020
This executive will be at the center of KFSN future success in their respective area, upholding our commitment to quality journalism and the communities we serve while driving modernization across the organization and maintaining a dynamic culture that embraces change and innovation.
The General Manager will have a clear vision for the future of our local business with the capability of communicating and executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success. He or she will be a creative thinker who generates new ideas and understands how to maximize brands and resources to achieve market leadership. This includes developing strategies which evolve local brands from not only being the place to go for breaking news, but also where consumers can expect to find localized high quality, high impact journalism and content.
This executive will also work directly with the ABC OTV leadership, other businesses within the Walt Disney Television Group and TWDC to drive collective growth and success.
- Directs and manage the overall operations to drive "ethical results"(meet or exceed KPIs) including established goals/objectives in ratings, audience, video, sales/revenue, market share, profit and operating income.
- Oversee and evolve the brand to maximize its impact, relevancy and connection with local audiences.
- In collaboration with appropriate executives, develop and implement a content strategy that attracts and engages audiences across platforms.
- Lead a premium multi-platform news organization including a vast and diverse team of talent across many roles and disciplines
- Oversight of the station's 24/7 broadcast and quality/technical requirements
- Work with General Sales leadership and sales teams to develop/implement strategic goals that meet/ exceed local advertising budgets/forecasts and monetize audiences across all platforms.
- Grow and develop unified OTT strategies to create / aggregate content in to streaming platforms.
- Drive business and partnership development efforts to drive modernization and further group goals.
- Continue to identify more effective and efficient approaches to operations and processes throughout the organization.
- Represent the station in the community; develop and maintain strong relationships with community leaders.
- Seek out opportunities to contribute to the local market area for the betterment of the community.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a strong leadership team; provide guidance and coaching to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth.
- Champion data and analytics to drive multi-platform content, product and platform optimization as well as accountability across the organization
- Execute all corporate policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards.
- Establish and maintain an innovative and highly collaborative culture atmosphere that promotes novel idea generation, open communication, respect for others and excellence
- Create a diverse, collaborative, fun and stimulating work environment
- Collaborate with other parts of OTV, the Disney Television Group and TWDC to advance the group’s interests and leverage assets.
- Proven experience leading a local broadcast station or news organization.
- A participative leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies as well as market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement.
- Attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to effectively lead and manage in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Legal understanding of FCC rules and regulations
- Experience working with unions and contract negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KFSN Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
KFSN Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.