Health & Safety Supervisor DGE (PH) - AtlantaApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005291 Location Georgia, United States / Remote, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 08, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Health & Safety Supervisor will help ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set in conjunction with the Health & Safety Manager (HSM). The Health & Safety Supervisor will report to the show’s HSM.
- Manage the team of COVID Safety Set Monitors
- Helps ensure that each production meets the health and safety standards on daily basis in order to continue production
- Partner with the HSM on COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Help determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines
- Advise the production on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
- Order and distribute supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
- Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Work closely with Set Medic
- Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
- Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
- Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
Basic Skills Desired
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
Technical Skills Desired
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Adapting to latest development of technical skills and industry knowledge
- OSHA Health & Safety Experience
- Military experience
- Medic / RN / EMT experience
- Experience working on set with feature or television production
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.