Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC OTV Editorial Content Internship – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 745340BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
In this internship, you will support the teams developing content for OTV’s digital platforms.
- Researching the upcoming editorial and synergy events calendars to identify coverage opportunities
- Design and create social engagement assets for holidays, birthdays, etc.
- Research, script and edit digital-first SFV for daily editorial and evergreen stories
- Brainstorm and pitch ideas for new content opportunities
- Shadow experienced producers to learn new skills
- Knowledge of the digital media landscape, including mobile and social and interest in emerging platforms
- Proficiency in video editing on Adobe Premiere
- A strong interested in unscripted digital content
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to listen and take direction well, as well as be able to follow through independently with a project once assigned
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments by deadline
- Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
- Familiarity with AP Style and SEO best practices
- Awareness of digital formats and trends in video as a unique style of video outside of television style production
- Ability to use Canon C100, Canon 5D or similar DSLR cameras
- Willingness to learn and collaborate
Additional Information:Additional Information:
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be available to work 20 hours/week; schedule determined by your availability and your supervisor.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.