Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC7 Digital Team Internship (KABC-TV) - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703129BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
We're looking for a dynamic, technically-savvy news junkie to intern with our successful digital team, based in the newsroom at our Glendale studios.
As the Digital News intern, you will be:
- Writing and posting digital news articles from various sources ie wires, raw info, etc…
- Reworking TV news scripts for digital presentation.
- Posting to social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Editing and posting original video and newscast packages.
- Livestreaming breaking news and events.
- Coordinating coverage with digital producers.
- Assisting with various support tasks.
- Assisting with overall maintenance of the high editorial standards of ABC7 and abc7.com.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (broadcast/print/digital).
- Proficiency with AP Style.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with social media news outlets.
- Strong editorial knowledge and sharp news judgment.
- Basic computer skills, including common keyboard shortcuts.
- Able to thrive in a team environment but also work well independently.
- Digital video editing skills.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Previous internship in a professional newsroom/local news affiliate.
- Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere.
- Familiarity with Outlook.
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available from January - May
- All candidates must be available to work 24 hours/week; schedule determined by your availability and your supervisor.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.