Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC7 Entertainment News Internship (KABC-TV) - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703132BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station. As the Entertainment News intern, you may:
- Research news topics (including online/social media news research) and pitch story and question ideas.
- Assist with social media postings.
- View and log tapes.
- Transcribe interviews.
- Observe editors, writers, producers, directors, and technical crews.
- Travel with reporters and field crews for stories and live remotes.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
- Previous external internship at a broadcast news station.
- Prior entertainment news internship.
- Prior experience writing within entertainment journalism.
- Strong knowledge of pop culture history (film, television, music, art, etc.) and current events.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
- Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.