Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC7 Programming Production Internship (KABC-TV) - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703136BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You will have opportunity to participate in the production of ABC7 weekly half-hour magazine, public affairs and special event shows including “On The Red Carpet” and the ABC OTV multi-platform content initiative “Localish.”
As the Programming Production intern, you may:
- Work with the show producers in researching stories, setting up interviews, and assisting on field camera shoots.
- Assist in the post-production process.
- Be part of the social media engagement strategy for the various programs, including writing for the web and creating social media content.
- Assist with general office tasks.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role...
- Previous internship experience in production.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency with an editing program such as AVID, Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro.
- Major or previous coursework in Film & Television, Communications or related major.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
- Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the season.
- All candidates must be available from January - May
- All candidates must be available to work 24 hours/week.
- Shifts available are Monday through Friday, hours vary.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.