Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC7 Sports News Internship (KABC-TV) - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 736862BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You will be part of the local sports production involved with the Eyewitness News Sports Department. As the Sports News intern, you may:
- Attend production meetings and be involved in the preparation of daily sports shows, segments and special programming like “Sports Zone.”
- Log and observe sports telecasts and transcribe interviews.
- Research on and contribute to sports news topics (including online/social media news research).
- Observe how sports segments are written, edited, and delivered on-air.
- Observe production in the newsroom, in-studio, and at remote locations like Dodger Stadium and the Staples Center.
- Experience (employment, internship, club, sports news writing, etc.) within sports and/or sports journalism.
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Knowledge of news software such as ENPS.
- Working toward a degree in broadcast journalism, communications or television production. Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor) a plus.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
- Previous internship in a professional newsroom/local news affiliate.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be available to work approximately 16 hours/week.
- Shifts available are Monday through Sunday, and hours may vary; schedule determined by supervisor based on your availability.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.