Already applied?View Dashboard
Analyst - Digital ResearchApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543610BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 04/04/2018
Job Summary:The ABC-Owned TV (OTV) Station Group is seeking a Digital Research Analyst who will be a critical cross-functional contributor to the Digital Research team that services multiple research disciplines. This selected candidate will have a core foundation in primary and secondary data within the ABC OTV organization. The Analyst will be experienced with a variety of analytics systems and software, syndicated measurement tools, traditional research methodologies, and analysis that will compliment those of Digital Research & Analytics team counterparts. This person will also be the Digital Research team’s visualization/presentation specialist, providing report designs to house ad hoc or custom insights. The Digital Research & Analytics group supports television stations and consumers in eight key markets of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno to address high-level research opportunities, to craft custom research and insights material, and provides the data backbone for strategic, content, and product-related decision making across the OTV business unit.
- Responsible for ad-hoc data retrieval and regular, recurring reports that are distributed across the group, and this includes Product Health Reports, Competitive Rankers, Social Media Intelligence, and Enterprise-level Dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Cross-functional support of the entire Digital Research team, including CRM, Consumer Insights, and Web Analytics.
- Fluency in all data tools, including comScore, Nielsen, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Hitwise, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights, and third-party publishing systems (e.g., Spredfast, Sprinklr, True Anthem, etc.)
- Support of primary research projects, including sales-based primary research, survey research, and qualitative user testing. This includes business impact assessment, and presentation creation.
- Provide support and help training users on the various data and reporting tools.
- Validate analytics implementation design across sites and apps by using Charles debugging software.
- Understand relationships and limitations between all available data sources and how to best utilize them to meet both internal and external objectives.
- Work experience that includes 1-3 years at a digital media organization performing research & analytics with exposure to multiple research disciplines and the social media platforms
- Proven skills with digital analytics and syndicated measurement tools, such as such as comScore, Nielsen, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Hitwise, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights, and third-party publishing systems (e.g., Spredfast, Sprinklr, True Anthem, etc.)
- Experience with data refinement (i.e., QA/debugging software such as Charles).
- Experience identifying end-user’s needs, and designing research reports and presentations accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to parse, analyze and interpret data; communicate insights and recommendations to unfamiliar internal and external parties, including senior leadership.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; additive to the groups personality and culture.
- Exceptional time and deadline management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking ability, with a proven ability to thrive with increasing responsibility.
- Expert in MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with Keynote is preferred
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, Minitab, R, or similar statistical package and a familiarity with common data querying languages such SQL and Hive is preferred
- Experience in digital media, and experience on the content-publishing side is preferred
- BA/BS degrees in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Media Research, Psychology, Communications, Product Management, or Statistics preferred.
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.