Analyst, Merchandise Solutions & AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 771771BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop comprehensive scalable data solutions which support cross-functional needs in this rapidly evolving environment
- Maintain a set of Microsoft Excel and Access tools that are KEY to the business. Workbooks contain complex VBA macros and formulas
- Work closely with merchandising and cross functional department leads to understand upcoming changes to vision and strategies and properly assess and address the change impact to both process and tools
- Forge strong relationships and work closely with technology teams on gathering requirements, designing, testing, and roll out of IT enhancements so that the results are tailored to the business needs and maximize opportunities
- Develop and manage tools that ensure each store channel’s fixtures are used to their maximum potential
- Lead Projects delivering on time results meeting or exceeding expectations
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Can handle complex projects with minimal direction
- Has effective communication skills including strong presentation and writing abilities
- Possesses the curiosity and desire to find ways to improve the business
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Reliably follows through on tasks, completes projects on time, resolves problems or blocks
- Adaptable and flexible when presented with change
- Eager learner
- Champion for Change
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills including creating complex formulas and macros
- Advanced VBA coding skills (creating, debugging, and “future proofing”)
- Intermediate level skills in SQL and Microsoft Access including subqueries and union queries
- Experience with business intelligence tools (MicroStrategy) including building documents and dashboards
- Retail experience preferred (Brick and Mortar and/or eCommerce)
- Experience with Island Pacific, Commercialware/Mozart, and/or Oracle MFP a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.