Analyst, Strategic Development, International Labor Standards (ILS)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10061475 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 08, 2023
The Disney International Labor Standards (ILS) Program oversees labor standards compliance across Disney’s vast supply chain. The program establishes requirements for licensees and vendors to monitor their supply chains for compliance with relevant laws and Disney’s Supply Chain Code of Conduct, specifies where products may be produced, analyzes social compliance audit reports, issues corrective action plans to improve working conditions, and facilitates supply chain labor-related training.
As one of the newest teams within ILS, the Strategic Development team is responsible for bringing the program’s critical priorities to life. Monitoring industry trends, identifying innovative practices, designing project roadmaps, and scaling solutions are just some of the ways this team contributes to the advancement of the department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategic Development, the Strategic Development Analyst will be a key member on a global team supporting a wide range of priority initiatives for the company. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about responsible sourcing, eager to solve problems without clear answers, and adept at addressing diverse stakeholder needs. The ideal candidate has experience in human rights and social responsibility, is highly organized, possesses excellent research and writing skills, and has exposure to international supply chains. The Analyst will be joining a newly formed team at a pivotal point in the team’s growth, allowing an agile candidate to contribute significantly to the team’s culture and success.
Primary responsibilities for the Strategic Development Analyst include supporting project leads in the development and execution of project plans, conducting desktop research and analysis, and contributing to the creation of new operational processes.
Project Support: Provide project support to advance and evolve ILS’s due diligence strategy.
- Contribute to the successful design and execution of strategic projects and initiatives by providing project management support to project leads. This may include monitoring and tracking project progress, updating project plans, drafting scopes of work, following up with relevant parties, supporting budget management, and supporting communications management.
- Lead knowledge management activities, including ensuring effective organization and archiving of project files, and managing Teams platforms and SharePoint sites as needed.
Business Process Development: Support the development of business processes that enhance the company’s due diligence measures.
- Partner with impacted teams and/or business units to develop scalable and efficient standard operating procedures (SOPs) and workflows.
- Contribute to the writing of clear program requirements for supply chain partners.
Research & Analysis: Contribute to ongoing growth and innovation of the ILS Program via desktop research and analysis.
- Conduct desktop research and other activities as necessary (e.g., benchmarking) for data-driven recommendations and growth in ILS’s due diligence strategy.
- Read published research and attend webinars/trainings on human rights-specific topics to summarize pertinent information and identify key takeaways.
- Stay up to date on the latest social responsibility, human rights, labor rights, and supply chain due diligence trends, research, and developments.
Communications & Stakeholder Management: Support the development and maintenance of relationships with stakeholders to enhance their understanding of how emerging initiatives impact them.
- Partner with senior team members/project leads to develop key messages and build content for meetings, presentations, and other asynchronous communications. Additional responsibilities may include designing and developing dynamic PowerPoint communications to present data in an easy-to-understand format and developing templates and standardized communications for internal and external reporting.
- Support internal and external stakeholder consultation processes (e.g., advisory committees), including scheduling meetings, supporting cross-team coordination and communications, ensuring participant/contact lists are up to date, managing processes for responding to inquiries, administering webinars and virtual meetings, assisting in developing meeting materials, and recording meeting notes.
- Identify existing tools and/or develop new tools and guidance to facilitate stakeholder understanding and implementation of program requirements.
- 2-3 years of experience in responsible sourcing, social and environmental sustainability, and/or human rights.
- Knowledge of international trade and supply chains
- Detailed-oriented, logical, systematic, methodical, highly organized, with strong follow-through
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including technical writing
- Ability to summarize a high volume of information and/or data to deliver clear messages and insights through technical documents and high-level presentations alike
- Strong research and analytic skills, including basic data analysis and interpretation
- Proactive with a problem-solving mentality
- Flexibility and openness to evolving responsibilities
- Ability to deliver results amidst a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Highly motivated and eager to learn new topics
- Willingness to work across different time zones and within a global team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient with or has the ability to quickly learn the organization’s technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies, political science, public policy, economics, business administration, or related field
#CORP_MEDIA #LI-AL3 #twdcmedia
The hiring range for this position in California is $77,080.00-$103,400.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.