Analytics & Insights Manager (Consumer Products, Games and Publishing)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 791750BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 14, 2021
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment of The Walt Disney Company. CIMA influences data-driven and consumer-centric decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
As an Analytics & Insights Manager in CIMA, you will support internal stakeholders by providing strategic insights with a focus on digital marketing and customer analytics for Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP), the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics and will be based in Glendale, CA.
Responsibilities:You’d join a fast-paced team dedicated to impacting marketing strategy, media optimization, and customer acquisition & retention by measuring, analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting a broad spectrum of data.
Every single day as an Analytics & Insights Manager is different! On any one day you might:
- Manage analytics projects from inception to completion – including translating business questions into an analytics scope, developing measurement framework, establishing data requirements and sourcing data, conducting analysis, synthesizing results, creating and delivering presentations
- Leverage a variety of different internal and external data sources (including marketing, media, digital, customer, sales, and product data) to conduct analyses, identify trends, guide strategic recommendations
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Marketing campaign performance while delivering actionable insights to improve results
- Support optimization of media (paid, owned, earned), content, audiences, campaigns, customer acquisition, and retention through testing and prescriptive analytics
- Analyze large and complex consumer behavior data to identify patterns and uncover opportunities related to how guests are responding to marketing efforts and interacting with shopDisney.com, Disney Stores, and Third-Party Retail businesses
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations that show business performance
- Research industry trends, solving opportunities for value-added analysis, developing points of view to increase results, and framing recommendations for leadership
- Learn new data sets to develop an expertise in those data sets
- Bachelor’s Degree with preferred concentration in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Data Mining, or similar field
- 5+ years of analytics/marketing analytics experience
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Excellent understanding of marketing fundamentals and digital media industry, including media metrics and quantitative business measures
- Strong understanding of marketing/media measurement and attribution
- Proficiency with data access tools (e.g. SQL, R) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- Experience with creating, executing, and analyzing complex AB/MVT test constructs to test hypotheses
- Ability to think strategically, analyze, and interpret market and consumer information
- Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Exceptional project management and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for analytics and data, intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
- 7+ years of analytics/marketing analytics experience
- MBA or Master's Degree in an analytic field
- Experience in consumer products, ecommerce, retail, or digital products strongly preferred
- Agency experience a plus
- Proficiency in Python, Hive, SAS, and/or R programming languages
- Prior experience with marketing/advertising technologies (e.g., Data Management Platforms, Multi-touch Attribution, Demand Side Platforms, Programmatic Buying, etc.)
- Prior experience with media mix modeling
- Experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, and other quantitative approaches, including but not limited to in-depth knowledge of linear and logistic regression, significance testing, data preparation for modeling, and segmentation techniques
- Familiarity with digital ad effectiveness research
- Prior knowledge of internal Disney data and databases
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred concentration in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Data Mining, or similar field
- MBA or Master's Degree in an analytic field
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.